Frequently Asked Questions
- What is My Pocket?
What do you do with my information?
Do you operate a waiting list and if so, can you add my name?
I created a My Pocket account a few weeks ago but haven’t heard anything yet
I’m interested in a Pocket development and I live very near the site, but not actually in the borough where the building is located. Can I still apply?
Is Pocket shared ownership?
I hear the Government has done away with affordable housing restrictions on where you live or work?
I want to rent a Pocket apartment. Do you have any details?
- Can I view a Pocket home before I create a My Pocket account to decide if it’s for me?
Do Pocket apartments come with a parking space?
What should I put in for the income and deposit fields when I create a My Pocket account?
Buying a Pocket
- Do you offer Help to Buy on your developments?
- Can I buy a Pocket home with cash?
- I’m receiving help from my family, can I use this towards a Pocket home?
- Do you have a price list? I can’t see one on your website
- If I already own a property, does it have to be sold before I can apply for a Pocket one?
- We are a couple, can we buy a Pocket home?
- How much do I need to earn to buy a Pocket home?
- Is stamp duty included in the price?
- The development where I want to buy is selling out, but I haven’t heard anything from Pocket!
- I submitted a Censeo assessment by the deadline but haven’t heard back, what should I do?
- How does the buying process actually work?
Owning a Pocket
- I have heard that Pocket apartments are subject to a Section 106 agreement. What is this and how does it affect me?
- What happens when I want to re-sell my Pocket apartment?
- Can I sublet my Pocket home?
- Do I still have to sell to an eligible person if I have repaid my HomeBuy Direct or Help to Buy equity loan?
- How do you make sure that Pocket homes go to, and stay with, the people for whom they are intended?
- Do you have any larger homes?
- Can I snag my home before I move in?
- Does a Pocket home come with a building warranty?
- Who runs the block after I’ve moved in?
- Can I contact you?